Ever since I started baking with the #BundtAMonth group, I have been steadily feeding the cakes to my co-workers. The cakes disappear rather quickly, especially when the word spreads that my department has treats. On top of my coworkers enjoying the cakes, I am now getting requests for co-worker’s favorite flavors! This really makes my heart sing. I have rediscovered my lost love of baking, and thinking about the infinite number of flavor combinations for bundt cakes thrills me! I could seriously talk about flavors, baking, cooking, and food for hours and not be bored. I’d probably repeat myself a few times, but in hours of chatter it’s bound to happen.
This month’s theme was to make a SWIRLY bundt. In recent months, I have made some pretty cool tunnel bundts like my Chocolate Bundt With Coconut Cream Cheese Filling. and my Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Bundt, but a swirl? Now that’s just a bit intimidating. I had two separate requests in the office, one for cinnamon and one for pecans…I combined them to make this Cinnamon Praline Pecan Swirl Bundt Cake.
Talk about beginner’s luck! Look at that gorgeous swirl, if I do say so myself! I was so excited when I sliced into this cake, and I saw that it wasn’t a total disaster! I was inspired by a recipe for Cinnamon Pecan Coffee Cake from my Kiss My Bundt cookbook. I swapped up few ingredients, like my go to creamer, my swirl mixture, and just went to town. Last week, at my local Whole Foods market, I could not resist buying a container of delicious praline pecans. Hey! It was on sale! I had to buy it…or so I told my husband.
This bundt was definitely a great way to use those pecans. I got two thumbs up from the office crew, and a few comments that it was my best bundt yet! Wahooo! I know that is saying a lot, because I have brought in quite a few bundt cakes for them to try over the past few months.
Personally, I really liked the flavors of this cake. The dense cake was very moist, and the praline pecan swirl carmelized and kind of soaked into the cake to really spread the flavor throughout. I have to agree with my co-workers. This was an excellent bundt. And speaking of excellent bundts…wait until you see all the amazing swirl creations the team came up with for y’all this month! Your mouth will be watering before you leave the first blog. Now head on over and check them out! I know I will be. I have an office to treat.
- Apple Swirl Bundt Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Cinnamon Praline Pecan Swirl Bundt Cake by Karen at In the Kitchen With KP
- Cinnamon Pecan Swirl with Cinnamon Glaze by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Swirl Bundt by Anita at Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Matcha Swirl by Kim from Ninja Baking
- Double Chocolate Swirl Bundt Cake by Lora at Cake Duchess
- Lemon Raspberry Swirl Bundt Cake by Carrie at Poet In The Pantry
- Lemon Basil Blueberry Swirl Bundt Cake by Kate at Food Babbles
- Nutella Swirl Bundt by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Nutella Swirl Bundt Cake by Anuradha at Baker Street
- Orange Creamsicle Bundt by Holly at A Baker’s House
- Strawberry Nutella Swirl Mini Bundts by Alice at Hip Foodie Mom
- Strawberry Swirl Cream Cheese Bundt by Sandra at The Sweet Sensations
- The Spiced Life Espresso Swirled Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Vanilla Cherry Swirl Mini Bundt Cakes by Heather at Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Zebra Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month too!
- Simple rule: Bake us a SWIRLY Bundt for June
- Post it before June 30, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read #BundtaMonth: Cherry Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
Even more bundt fun!
- For the Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Vanilla Creamer
- 1¾ cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs room temp
- For the Swirl
- 1 cup finely chopped praline pecans
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray 10” bundt pan with Baking Pam and coat with plain fine bread crumbs
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add, finely chopped praline pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl stir sour cream and vanilla creamer
- In a large bowl, add the butter and mix until light and fluffy; about three minutes.
- Add and beat in the eggs one at a time until thoroughly combined
- Alternately add in the flour mixture and the sour cream mixture (beginning and ending with flour), mixing until combined
- Pour half of the batter into a prepared pan.
- Gently sprinkle the swirl mixture over the batter in the bundt pan
- Carefully spoon remaining batter over swirl ingredients
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10-15 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, dust with powdered sugar
- Slice and serve