It’s Girl Scout Cookie time! Have you bought your fill yet? As a leader for my daughter’s troop, my dining room if currently filled with
temptation cookies. The decadent Samoas are my all time favorite. Since I did not want to dive head first into a box of cookies, I decided to use my Caramel Coconut coffee creamer for some inspiration and pull those same flavors into a new bundt cake. What resulted was a subtle flavored but deliciously dense Caramel Coconut Bundt Cake with Chocolate Drizzle.
During the snow storm 2 weeks ago I ran out of flour. I know! What food blogger does that? Anyway, when I finally had flour in the house to bake my bundt, I didn’t have any whole milk. I decided to improvise and put my creativity to the test.
I love sweet coffee, so knowing this flavored creamer is pretty sweet, I wanted to decrease the sugar in the recipe. Decreasing the sugar meant increasing an alternate liquid, but I didn’t want to increase the amount of creamer being substituted for the whole milk. I decided to increase the butter and cross my fingers.
The cake baked to a gorgeous golden brown and turned out of the pan easily. I almost didn’t want to cover the lovely details the pan created, but to follow through with my Samoa vision, it was a must. I melted some milk chocolate, drizzled it over the cake, and then dusted the entire top with toasted coconut flakes. The cake smelled amazing, so I said a little prayer it tasted amazing as well and packed it up to take to the office in the morning.
The Caramel Coconut Bundt Cake with Chocolate Drizzle was a complete success. My coworkers devoured the cake in a single afternoon. I am definitely going to continue to use Girl Scout cookies in future bundt cakes. The flavors are too good not to incorporate them into cake form.
What is your favorite flavor of Girl Scout cookies?
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ tsp coconut extract
- 1 cup Caramel Coconut flavored creamer
- ½ cup sweetened and toasted coconut flakes
- ½ cup milk chocolate candy melts
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray 10” bundt pan with Baking Pam and coat with plain fine bread crumbs
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and mix until light and fluffy; about three minutes.
- Add and beat in the eggs one at a time until thoroughly combined.
- Alternately add in the flour mixture and the flavored creamer (beginning and ending with flour), mixing until combined.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10-15 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Once cake is completely cooled, microwave candy melts according to bag directions and stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cake.
- Sprinkle top of cake with toasted coconut flakes
- Slice and serve