It’s Sunday Supper day my friends! Today’s event is even more exciting, as the Sunday Supper crew is holding it’s very own Chili Cook-Off! We are all sharing our favorite chili recipes that will be judged, voted on, and eligible for prizes! The recipe with the most votes at the end of the voting period wins a golden ticket to the 2014 Food and Wine Conference! I attended the conference last year in Orlando, and I want to go again! I need your votes on my adorably delicious Chili Cornbread Cupcakes!
One of my favorite memories of the Food and Wine Conference was having so many of the Sunday Supper crew attend so we could actually spend time and eat a family dinner together. It was such fun and breaking bread together is the very heart of the Sunday Supper Movement. Of course with any family, when there is a free conference ticket up for grabs, there is bound to be some crazy competition! All the chili creations are being shared this week for YOU to judge and cast your vote. Yes! Our readers will be judging the cook-off!
For today’s cook-off, I made a simple chili using a few ingredients I always have on hand in my pantry. My secret ingredient for today is thick and chunky Manwich sauce. I wanted a little bit of a sweeter chili to complement the cornbread muffins. We usually top our chili with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, so a cornbread cupcake sounded like a delicious combination for the competition.
Your kids will flip over this fun twist on cupcakes. My daughter sure did. What do you think? Do you think my recipe has enough pizzazz to win big? Feel free to head on over and check out my competition, but don’t forget to vote for me.
Voting is at the Sunday Supper Movement Online Community Magazine starting now and concluding (fittingly) on February 27 – National Chili Day! Browse the submissions and cast your vote by clicking here: Chili Cook-off Voting!
- 2 ½ lbs ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilis
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 cans Manwich Thick and Chunky sauce
- Sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese for topping
- Corn bread muffins
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn bread muffin mix (8.5 oz)
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup of milk
- Brown ground over medium high heat in 6 quart stock pot. Stir in onion powder.
- Stir in tomato paste until thoroughly mixed.
- Add Manwich sauce and Rotel tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- Rinse and drain black beans and kidney beans.
- Add beans to ground beef mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Corn muffins
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange foil baking cups on baking sheet or place in regular size muffin tin.
- In medium bowl, mix together the eggs and milk.
- Add cornbread mix into egg mixture and combine. Mixture will be slightly lumpy.
- Set batter aside for 3-5 minutes.
- Fill foil baking cups ¾ full
- Bake muffins 15-20, until golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let muffins stand a few minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Using a serrated knife, carefully cut out the center of each muffin.
- Spoon a small amount of chili into each muffin.
- Top chili filled muffin with a small dollop of sour cream, and sprinkle lightly with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Beef and Bison Chili
- Bison & Black Bean Chili from It’s Yummi!
- Cincinnati Chili from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Bean Chili from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Chili con Carne from Manu’s Menu
- Gesundheit Chili from Magnolia Days
- Hellfire Chili from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Hoisin Beef Chili from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Moroccan Harissa Spiked Chili from MarocMama
- Short Rib Chili from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Chili from Hip Foodie Mom
Chicken, Duck, and Turkey Chili
- Asian Five Spice Duck Chili from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Buffalo Turkey Chili from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chicken and Bell Pepper Chili from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Meatball Chipotle Chili from Soni’s Food
- Gluten Free Turkey Chili from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Kickin’ Chicken Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Low Calorie Turkey Chili from Basic N Delicious
- Olé Mole Turkey Chili from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Quick & Easy Chipotle Turkey Chili from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Shockingly Delicious Chili Mole with Red Beans and Raisins from Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili from Family Foodie
- Thai Chicken Chili from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- White Chicken Chili from The Foodie Army Wife
Mixed (meat combo) Chili
- Best Damn Chili Ever from Noshing With The Nolands
- Chili con Tres Carne from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Daddy’s Favorite Chili from Momma’s Meals
- Harlem Meatloaf Chili from Neighborfood
- Leslie’s Best Chili from La Cocina de Leslie
Fish and Seafood Chili
- Scrumptious Seafood Chili from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Easy Vegetarian Chili with Raisins and Cashews from Delaware Girl Eats
- New Orleans Style Vegetarian Chili from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Vegan Slow Cooker Chili from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Chicken Chili Cheese Fries from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chili Cornbread Cupcakes from In The Kitchen With KP
- Chili Topped Tater Tots from Ruffles & Truffles
- Spicy Chili Mac from girlichef
Best Wines To Pair with Chili from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter this week Sunday, February 23rd, to talk about our chili cook-off recipes! Everyone is welcome! We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET, and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos!
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement