WOW! Who knew it was Popcorn Lover’s Day today? Thanks to a friend on Facebook, I do! I was already planning to post this fun popcorn recipe, so now I am even more excited to share it today! One of the best things about St. Patrick’s Day is that even if you’re not Irish by blood, you can get your green on and celebrate. When I was younger, on of the highlights of the year was going out and enjoying a glass of green beer with friends. Now that my social life is more family focused, I get excited sharing recipes like this St. Patrick’s Day Candy Coated Popcorn Mix!
This Bright and colorful snack will put a smile on everyone’s face. Does anyone else get giddy when it comes to popcorn? No? Just me? I love popcorn. It always feels like a treat to eat, especially when you can smother it in candy melts and add some M&Ms! YUM! You will love how easy this St Patrick’s Day Candy Coated Popcorn Mix is to make too! I know simple prep for a fun treat is always a bonus for busy moms like me.
What kind of green treats do you like to make for your family to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
- 1 Bag green Wilton Candy Melts
- 1 Bag of popcorn
- 1 Bag green M&M's
- St. Patrick's Day Sprinkles
- Parchment Paper
- Cook a bag of microwave popcorn, remove the un-popped kernels and set off to the side.
- In a bowl, cook the bag of green candy melts for one minute. Stir and then cook for 30 seconds at a time until the candy melts are completely smooth.
- Pour the candy melts over the bag of popcorn and mix well.
- Add the sprinkles to the candy coated popcorn before it dries completely so they stick.
- Place the candy coated popcorn in a single layer on a sheet of parchment paper to cool. You can place it in the fridge or freezer to speed up the process.
- Once cool, break the candy coated popcorn into pieces and sprinkle in the green M&M's before serving.