I tell you what. When I don’t participate in the weekly #SundaySupper group recipe round up, I am very sad. It’s too much fun to miss, but sometimes life gets in the way of this sweet little blog. I missed last week, so this week I was in for sure. I didn’t want to miss this week’s theme of Cheese, Cakes, and Cheesecakes!
I’m a total sucker for anything having to do with cheese. It’s wonderful in appetizers, entrees and even desserts. I’ve been on a buffalo wing kick lately, so I decided to experiment a little this week. What developed was this fantastic Buffalo Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken.
I’ve had a craving for buffalo wings ever since I made the Buffalo Chicken Dip Pull Apart Bread, but I really have a love hate relationship with chicken wings. I love the flavor, but dislike the high fat and calorie content. I decided to try something completely different. A stuffed, boneless skinless chicken breast with all the sauciness, and zing of a buffalo wing.
This recipe could not be simpler. I used stove top stuffing, and a blend of cheeses, to fill a flattened, chicken breast. The moisture of the cream cheese and chicken while cooking, rehydrated the instant stuffing perfectly. The tangy blue cheese crumbles added the tangy twist to the creaminess of the cream cheese. If you are a buffalo wing fan, then this recipe should definitely be added to your cooking bucket list.
The #SundaySupper crew has some amazing recipes this week all featuring yummy cheese. Below is a huge list of savory cheese dishes, wonderful cakes and amazing cheesecakes, so be sure to check them all out. You don’t want to miss any of them.
- Garlic and Goat by Supper for a Steal
- Quick and Easy Homemade Cottage Cheese by The Meltaways
- Homemade Velveeta Cheese by Juanitas Cocina
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Parmesan Crisps by BigBearsWife
- Irish Cheese Soufflés by girlichef
- Paneer Tikka Masala by Kimchi Mom
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta with Homemade Ricotta and Broccoli by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Ricotta Croquettes by Basic N Delicious
- Cheeseburger Soup by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Cherry Blossom Crescents by The Ninja Baker
- Saag Paneer! Golden Roasted Ricotta In Savory Spinach Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sourdough Cheese Crackers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Basil Balsamic Strawberries & Whipped Feta Grilled Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lox and Cream Cheese Mini Omelettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken by In The Kitchen With KP
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Paneer Indian Cottage Cheese Pancake by Masala Herb
- Crepes with Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Filling by Soni’s Food
- Roasted Pears with Pecorino by Happy Baking Days
- Pan-Fried Halloumi Cheese Salad by The Catholic Foodie
- Chevre Torte with Mango and Sweet Pepper Salsa by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairyfree Ice Cream Cake by Galactosemia in PDX
- KitKat Chocolate Cake by The Urban Mrs.
- Old Fashioned Caramel Cake by There and Back Again
- Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Chips by Gotta Get Baked
- Flourless Chocolate Bean Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Dense Chocolate Cherry Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Tequila Lime Cupcakes by Mama Mommy Mom
- Almond Polenta Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- Salmon Cakes by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze by NeighborFood
- Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Nutella Cheesecake Brownies by The Foodie Army Wife
- Individual Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecakes by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Mini Toddler Cherry Cheesecakes by In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maurene
- Mocha Cheesecake by The Lovely Pantry
- Lime Cheesecake Bites by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake by The Messy Baker
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Crusts by Cupcakes and Pearls
- Savory Shrimp Cheesecake with Herbs and Garlic by Food Lust People Love
- Cheesecake au Baileys by Baker Street
- Tiny Turtle Cheesecakes (No Bake) by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes by Cookistry
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bites by Mom, What’s For Dinner?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday, March 4th to talk about our Skinny Recipes! Everyone is welcome!
We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET, and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos!
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts
- 4 ounces of softened cream cheese
- ½ Cup Blue cheese Crumbles
- ½ cup of hot sauce
- 1 C Stove Top Stuffing
- ½ Cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Place softened cream cheese in a large bowl and add buffalo wing sauce. Mix until completely blended.
- Fold in Stove Top Stuffing and blue cheese crumbles
- Lay chicken breasts out on a clean surface, top with a sheet of plastic wrap, and flatten with a meat mallet
- Spread stuffing mixture on each chicken breast, and roll up so chicken is stuffed on the inside. Place into sprayed shallow baking dish. Repeat for remaining chicken breasts.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes then remove from oven and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes to melt shredded cheddar cheese.
- Remove from oven and serve