I love pull apart breads. One of my favorites versions to take to any get together or office party is my pepperoni and cheese pull apart, but I think I may have found a new variety that gives it a run for it’s money. For our Superbowl Sunday Supper, Laura, from Small Wallet, Big Appetite, shared her version of Buffalo Chicken filled Pull-Apart Bread, and I thought it was GENIUS!
I just had to try this version of pull apart bread with all the sass of spicy buffalo wings and creamy cheese. I had some pizza dough on hand from making my Bacon Double Cheese Burger Bites, plus I had grabbed some pre-made buffalo wing cheese dip from my local grocery store for our Superbowl snacks. I was ready to experiment, especially since I didn’t have to go to the store! What resulted was a baking dish filled with cheesy chicken goodness, wrapped in dough balls, and my new favorite appetizer Buffalo Chicken Dip Pull Apart Bread.
Making this bread was pretty messy. Stuffing the dough circles was a little bit of a struggle. The dip was really slippery, but I am sure that is because I was using pre-made dip. When I make this again, I will definitely use a homemade dip version to up the chicken, blue cheese, and hot sauce flavors.
As I was filling the dough bites with dip, I noticed they weren’t sealing very well, so I came up with another idea. Once there was a full layer of dough bites in the baking dish, I slathered a whole layer of more dip on top. I think that was the best decision I ever made.
Adding the layer of cheese dip on top gave the bread an extra pop of flavor for the individual bites. The bread also separated easily into bite sized pieces. I only wish I made a larger version. For experimenting purposes, I only used a 5 1/2 inch ramekin. Next time I will use a larger baking dish, but still stick to only one layer. I like the ease of baking the single layer, plus it made it super easy to pull apart.
Serving this bread was super easy. Some veggies on the side, and maybe some extra blue cheese dressing for dipping, and you are ready to dig in and devour this tasty appetizer!
Do you prefer sweet or savory flavors in your favorite pull apart bread recipe?
- 2 Cups Prepared and cooled Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 16 oz pre-made or home-made pizza dough
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spray 2 quart baking dish with favorite cooking spray
- Place pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 32-36 pieces.
- Flatten each sectioned portion into circle, and place 1 teaspoon of cooled Buffalo Chicken Dip in the center. Bring edges together into the center and pinch to seal as best as possible.
- Place filled dough bites in single layer inside baking dish
- Top dough bites with remaining dip and spread evenly
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned and dough is baked through.