I think back to when I was young and in school. Summer seemed to last forever. I enjoyed school, so you could usually find me counting the days until Fall arrived. Now as an adult, time seems to fly by so fast, so I find myself taking advantage of every opportunity to have fun when an opportunity presents itself, and that includes a spontaneous party! I was excited to have the opportunity to work with Frito-Lay and recreate their healthy Frito-Lay’s Black Bean Corn Bites recipe in my own kitchen. Plus I got to try my hand at creating a second healthy recipe too, and share both with friends.
This is a great little appetizer to share with friend. The dip is served in TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips and is a perfect bite sized morsel, but doesn’t skimp on flavor. You can throw this delicious dip in minutes! It is that easy my friends! No one wants to spend time making food in the kitchen when they can be out mingling with guests. Both recipes featured here will allow you to do that for sure.
Frito-Lay has the perfect summer snack for however you celebrate, whether you’re relaxing and unwinding at home with Lay’s® Classic potato chips or celebrating summer with Tostitos® Scoops!® tortilla chips at a backyard party. Not all chips are created equal.
I prefer to look for chips made with simple ingredients, like Lay’s® Classic potato chips. They are made with potatoes, oils and salt. Tostitos® Scoops!® tortilla chips are made with corn, oils and salt. That’s it. I like reading simple ingredient lists. Everyone likes to indulge once in a while and use our favorite chips as a vehicle to scoop up super yummy dips! Why not go one step further and add some extra nutrition by pairing them with wholesome dips, like your bean dip or veggie filled salsa.
I put on my apron and headed to the kitchen to create a garbanzo bean based dip with Mediterranean flavors. Sesame oil, bold garlic, and kalamata olives were a unique combo to make my dip a hit. I paired my tasty dip with LAY’S® Classic Potato Chips, although it would probably work great with pita chips or fresh cut veggies as well.
If you have a food processor, I would definitely use it for making my dip. I think the garbanzo beans would be a smoother puree, than I ended with using my mini processor, but everyone enjoyed the combination of flavors.
No one wants to spend time making food in the kitchen when they can be out mingling with guests. Both recipes featured here will allow you to do that during your next party for sure. Summer is over in an instant, and the semi-relaxed routines will soon be a distant memory, so don’t wait to plan your next fun party!
The FAB folks at Frito-Lay have given me a $50 AMEX gift card to giveaway to help one lucky winner get their party on before Summer ends! Wahoo! All you have to do is enter via the Rafflecopter form below, and you could be $50 richer!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Connect with the Frito-Lay
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn, thawed
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Juice of half a lime
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup TOSTITOS® Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1 bag TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips
- Combine all ingredients except for the chips and toss well in glass bowl.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour before spooning mixture into TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips and place on serving dish and serve immediately.
- 1 can (16 oz) garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 8 oz container plain greek yogurt
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbs Weber Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- ½ C chopped Kalamata olives
- In food processor, puree garbanzo beans until smooth
- Add in greek yogurt, sesame oil, kalamata olives, and seasoning. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Top with a shake of additional seasoning and extra Kalamata olives if desired
- Serve with Frito-Lay Classic potato chips, pita chips or veggies