After having 10 days off, it was pretty hard heading back to the office. To make it a little easier, DH and the kids spent time baking cookies so I would have a special treat to take with me. DH found a new recipe he wanted to try and of course Baby was ready to tie on her apron and get baking! I really wanted Daddy to wear the matching apron of mine, but you can probably guess how that request was received.
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (17.5 ounce) pouch sugar cookie mix
2/3 cup raspberry baking chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft and fluffy with an electric mixer, then beat in the egg until thoroughly combined.
3. Mix in the cookie mix, then stir in the raspberry chips.
4. Drop the dough about 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets with a tablespoon or small scoop. Lightly pat the cookies to flatten.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden, 9 to 12 minutes. Cool before serving.
We substituted semi sweet chocolate mini chips since they were on hand from other holiday baking. They were also kind of preferred, since our house is full of blossoming chocoholics.
and the threat of salmonella aside, fun was had by all.
I took a few cookies to the office when I returned, and it surely did make my day just a little bit sweeter.
What do you do to ease yourself back into the work routine after vacation?
You can find the recipe here at AllRecipes.com.