Our family loves pizza. We make homemade pizza on a regular basis. It’s one of our favorite Friday night family activities in the kitchen. We sometimes turn the dough inside out to make calzones, and over the holidays, I even made my own garlic pull apart bread with pizza dough that was delicious. It shouldn’t surprise anyone that I just had to make these yummy looking Pepperoni and Mushroom Pizza Puffs.
3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup whole milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
2 oz mini turkey pepperoni, (about 1/2 cup)
4 oz low-fat sausage, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup pizza sauce (optional for dipping)
Pre-heat the oven to 375° and grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan.
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic powder and baking powder; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, sausage and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups.
3. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Serve the puffs (with a side of warmed pizza sauce if desired)
The puffs were quite tasty and inspired by Plain Chicken’s Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza Puffs that I found on Pinterest. I edited the recipe to mix up the ingredients more geared toward the favorites of my own family with regular pepperoni and mushrooms. When I made the puffs, I greased the pan, next time if using regular pepperoni again, I probably would not spray my non-stick muffin tin. The spray was almost too much. This is definitely a make again recipe. I even saved a few for the freezer so I could have a quick and easy reheatable lunch for on the weekend.
What recipe did you just have to try after seeing a picture on Pinterest?
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz pepperoni chopped
- 1 4 oz can of mushrooms (drained well)
- ½ cup pizza sauce (optional for dipping)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°
- Prepare 24 cup mini muffin pan
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic powder and baking powder; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, mushrooms and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir the batter and pour into mini muffin cups
- Bake until brown and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Inserted toothpick should come out clean.
- Serve the)
About the Author (Author Profile)
Sites That Link to this Post
- Pizza With Extra Pizazz – Pin It Tuesday | April 26, 2012