Super bowl may be happening this weekend, but Valentine’s Day is on the horizon. I think back to when I was growing up, and one special memory from Valentine’s Day was my Dad giving us each a small heart shaped box of candy. Go figure why I always associate Valentine’s Day with chocolate. Thanks, Dad!
The #BundtAMonth team must think of chocolate too, because I am excited to share that it is the theme for our February linky! I had to go big or go home this month, so I went HUGE with my
Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Bundt Cake.
A friend recently brought cupcakes into the office a few weeks ago, and they were so delicious I knew right away I wanted to try switching the recipe into a bundt. You can find the original cupcake recipe HERE. This cake is a little labor intensive with the dual batters, but trust me when I say it is completely worth the time and effort.
This cake bursts with peanut butter flavor, while the not too sweet, dark cocoa layer becomes the perfect compliment. Coworkers first saw the inside and said, “Wow! That’s a lot of peanut butter.” I was quick to explain that what they thought was all peanut butter, was in fact, the baked peanut butter batter, made with cream cheese and the other ingredients. This cake truly was phenomenal, and a must try if you, or anyone if your family is a chocolate and peanut butter combination fan!
If peanut butter is not your thing, but you love chocolate, check out the list of chocolate themed bundts being shared by the group this month! I am pretty sure you will find at least one that makes your heart skip a beat.Chocolate Berry Bundt Cake by Heather from Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks Chocolate Bundt Cake with Balsamic Strawberry Sauce by Alice from Hip Foodie Mom Chocolate Chobani Bundt Cake by Carrie from Poet In The Pantry Chocolate Espresso Bundt Cake by Holly from A Baker’s House Chocolate Mini Bundts with Matcha Flowers by Kim from Ninja Baking Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Bundt Cake by Anita from Hungry Couple Chocolate Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Tara from Noshing With The Nolands Chocolate Turtle Bundt Cake by Kim from Cravings Of A Lunatic Deep Chocolate Be Mine Bundt by Stacy from Food Lust People Love Double Chocolate Swirled Bundt Cake by Laura from The Spiced Life Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Bundt Cake by Karen from In The Kitchen With KP Red Wine Chocolate Bundt Cake with Mascarpone Whipped Cream by Kate from Food Babbles Sour Cream Chocolate Bundt Cake by Renee from Magnolia Days Quadruple Chocolate Bundt Cake by Dorothy from Shockingly Delicious Vanilla and Chocolate Marble Bundt Cake by Anuradha from Baker Street White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake by Paula from Vintage Kitchen Want to join in and bake a bundt with the #BundtAMonth group?Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule: Use chocolate - and bake a Bundt for February
- Post it before February 28, 2013.
- Use the #BundtAMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title should read #BundtAMonth: Chocolate Cinnamon Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts.
- Chocolate Cake Batter
- 1½ cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- ⅓ cup Hershey’s® baking cocoa
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Peanut Butter Batter
- 1 LAND O LAKES® Egg
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ Cup of creamy peanut butter
- ½ Cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bundt pan with Pam and coat generously with plain bread crumbs.
- In large bowl, mix flour, cocoa, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add oil, water, vinegar and vanilla to flour mixture, stirring just until smooth (do not overmix).
- In another large bowl, beat egg, cream cheese, peanut butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar; beat until creamy.
- Drop large dollops of the peanut butter batter into bundt pan.
- Pour chocolate batter over peanut butter batter dollops.
- Drop remaining peanut butter batter in dollops around pan.
- Cover with remaining chocolate batter
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake).
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Invert pan onto baking rack and allow cake to completely cool before topping with glaze.
- Making glaze
- Melt butter in small bowl
- In separate small bowl microwave peanut butter until smooth, then mix thoroughly with melted butter
- Add powdered sugar to butter mixture until consistency changes to thick paste
- Add milk, stir thoroughly. Add a few more drops of milk if necessary to get the consistency you want.
- Drizzle warm glaze over completely cooled cake
- Allow glaze to cool and set for 5-10 minutes, then serve.
About the Author (Author Profile)Happily married with two children, Karen does not hesitate to rebuff her family’s hungry advances at mealtime, while she styles and photographs their dinner to share on Instagram before serving them. In The Kitchen With KP is full of family friendly adventures around Atlanta (and beyond), plus simple recipes everyone can feel comfortable trying. In fact, her whole family participates in the cooking/baking fun on a regular basis.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Sour Cream Chocolate Bundt Cake for #BundtAMonth | February 1, 2013
- Chocolate Rocky Road Bundt for #BundtaMonth | Noshing With The Nolands | February 1, 2013
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Balsamic Strawberry Sauce for #BundtamonthHip Foodie Mom | Hip Foodie Mom | February 1, 2013
- Chocolate Turtle Bundt Cake #Bundtamonth | Cravings of a Lunatic | February 1, 2013
- #BundtAMonth: Double Chocolate Swirled Bundt Cake | The Spiced Life | February 2, 2013
- Red Wine Chocolate Bundt Cake with Mascarpone Whipped Cream | February 2, 2013
- Chocolate Bundt With Coconut Cream Cheese Filling #BundtAMonth - In The Kitchen With KP | March 7, 2013
- Quadruple Chocolate Bundt Cake | March 13, 2013
- Mini Pancakes With Strawberries and Creme Brulee Glaze #AJLilGriddlesCG - In The Kitchen With KP | March 14, 2013
- Cinnamon Praline Pecan Swirl Bundt Cake #BundtAMonth : In The Kitchen With KP | June 7, 2013