Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Bundt Cake #BundAMonth
Recipe type: Dessert
- Chocolate Cake Batter
- 1½ cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- ⅓ cup Hershey’s® baking cocoa
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Peanut Butter Batter
- 1 LAND O LAKES® Egg
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ Cup of creamy peanut butter
- ½ Cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bundt pan with Pam and coat generously with plain bread crumbs.
- In large bowl, mix flour, cocoa, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add oil, water, vinegar and vanilla to flour mixture, stirring just until smooth (do not overmix).
- In another large bowl, beat egg, cream cheese, peanut butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar; beat until creamy.
- Drop large dollops of the peanut butter batter into bundt pan.
- Pour chocolate batter over peanut butter batter dollops.
- Drop remaining peanut butter batter in dollops around pan.
- Cover with remaining chocolate batter
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake).
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Invert pan onto baking rack and allow cake to completely cool before topping with glaze.
- Making glaze
- Melt butter in small bowl
- In separate small bowl microwave peanut butter until smooth, then mix thoroughly with melted butter
- Add powdered sugar to butter mixture until consistency changes to thick paste
- Add milk, stir thoroughly. Add a few more drops of milk if necessary to get the consistency you want.
- Drizzle warm glaze over completely cooled cake
- Allow glaze to cool and set for 5-10 minutes, then serve.
Recipe by In The Kitchen With KP at http://www.inthekitchenwithkp.com/recipes/chocolate-peanut-butter-layered-bundt-cake-bundamonth