The excitement is building The Disney community. The chatter and speculation is getting louder regarding when invitations to this year’s celebration will be sent. If you are among the thousands of bloggers hoping for a Disney Social Media Moms Celebration Invitation? Here’s 7 Things You Should Do Now!
1. Have a clear and visible way for people to contact you on your blog. I list my option in my top menu. Also take a minute to make sure whatever format you use is working. Have a friend try it out for you. By making your email easy to find, your next blog opportunity may be just around the corner.
2. Make yourself visible on your blog. When people come to your site can they easily identify who is behind the blog? Does the overall themes of your site shine? Is your personal brand a good fit to work with Disney?
3. Review all emails you have associated with your blog. This is a biggie. I almost missed my invitation to the celebration last year because my blog domain email stopped automatically forwarding to main gmail account. Take a minute to review past business cards to verify what email you had listed. Checking now will save you time wondering if you missed your special invitation.
4. Clean out your spam. As bloggers we get hundreds of spam emails a day, but we all know occasionally an important email is classified incorrectly. A new Disney email address could possibly end up there too. Wouldn’t it be easier to check through a daily batch of spam versus a few thousand?
5. Stop asking for invites. No one knows the rhyme or reason behind who receives an invite except Disney. If it’s meant to be, you’ll get one. I know it’s hard, but trust me, you will look better for it.
6. Do a review of your social media accounts. Do you have your social icons clearly available on your site, and more importantly are they working? I was on a site yesterday reading a great post, so I clicked one of their icons to follow and it went to some random page. Don’t make people work too hard to see more from you and identify if you are a good fit for a future opportunity.
7. Above all, think about your personal brand when you engage with the Disney brand or use the #DisneySMMoms hashtag. Are you representing yourself in the best light via your social channels? Being genuine and authentic in everything you share goes a long way in the eyes of those interested in building a relationship with you.
This simple check list obviously does not guarantee you an invitation to the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration. It does however, make it easy for a brand representative to contact you via your blog if you are already on the list of this year’s invitees. My inbox was sprinkled with pixie dust last year, and of course I am hoping to be invited again this year. But, if I’m not, I’ll be right there congratulating everyone that was selected, just like I did in previous years. I’ll be excited for new families to experience the awe and wonder of the celebration I was so blessed to experience last year. Here’s hoping you all do the same.
Cheers to sprinklings of pixie dust over your in bin, and don’t forget to keep an eye on that spam folder.
Why would you like to receive an invite to the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration?